PSV Netwerk
maandag 22 december 2014 - 05:53                      favorieten | nieuwsbrief | RSS RSS
Ga naar de vorige topic Ga naar de volgende topic

PSV Forums » English Forum » Hello from BigLankyGeordie

HR

Deze topic is open en bestaat uit 16 pagina's: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 »

HR

BigLankyGeordie
Toeschouwer

Uit: Geordieland (North-East England)
Droomaankoop: -
Reg.: 4 oktober 2008

Dag iedereen!

Helaas is het dat heden mijn Nederlands veel slecht is met veel grappig fouten waarschijnlijk dus terug naar Engels! :-) Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.

I am a Newcastle United season ticket holder ( I must be mad) as well as being a long time fan of PSV.

I lived for six years in Flanders where I eventually did learn reasonable Dutch but have forgotten so much of it now unfortunately. I can still read it ok but struggle to write or speak it. Would like to see if I can get back to the level I was once at though.

Went to the PSV friendly at Newcastle recently and was really impressed by the classy play shown that night.

During my time in Flanders, was also a fan of Germinal-Beerschot and still look out for their results.

I live in North Yorkshire, here in North-East England. Anyone else live close by?

All the best, Big Lanky Geordie.
HR
HR

RIO
Legende

Uit: Amsterdam
Vak: -
Reg.: 19 februari 2000

Is it Joe Kinnear himself? :B ;)
HR
HR

bertil
Geselecteerd voor Oranje

Uit: Amstelveen
Reg.: 18 augustus 2003

Hi BigLankyGeordie. There's also GeordiePSVfan on this forum who lives in or near Newcastle and visits the PSV matches regularly.
HR
HR

BigLankyGeordie
Toeschouwer

Hey Rio, if it was Yer Jokin Kinnear, I would be using the f word every next sentence. :-) Did you hear interview with that idiot on Daily Mirror site?

And thanks Bertil, saw a fellow Geordie on here, look forward to getting aquainted with him.

Howay the lads, BLG
HR
HR

RIO
Legende

Uit: Amsterdam
Reg.: 19 februari 2000

Cuntnear was hilarious. :B
HR
HR

LeicesterPhoolies
Toeschouwer

Uit: Leicester, England
Vak: Oost - Y
Reg.: 24 februari 2008

Deze posting is niet nieuw sinds je vorige bezoek Gepost op 5 oktober 2008 om 19:04:50.  Profiel  Stuur een email  Stuur een privébericht  MSN: leicester_foxie@hotmail.com  Lid van Supportersvereniging PSV   Wijzig deze posting  Quote deze posting in je reactie
HR
I'm a seasonticket holder (although my mum uses it), living in Leicester.

Besides me and GeordiePSV (him and his wife), there's apparently another seasonticket holder who lives in London.

I'll be coming to Eindhoven for the 2 matches around Christmas (Feyenoord & Twente).

(Will see u then James, good weekend for us, for LCFC, slightly good for u lot, and Spurs lost again!!!)
HR
HR

GeordiePSVfan
Regelmatige invaller

Uit: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reg.: 13 april 2006

Nice to have a fellow Geordie on BLG! I live up in Wallsend so i'm only 4 miles or so from Newcastle. Like Edu (leicesterPhoolies) was saying there's a few of us from England and I usually get across for around 10-12 matches a season so if you ever feel like going over for a match let me know and you can come over with us. We meet some lads across there and always have a good laugh and a load to drink! I also get to a fair few Newcastle matches as well. It's a shame everyone is so spread out, Newcastle/North Yorkshire/Leicester/London or we could have formed a :psv Supporters Club here.

And Edu, i'll see you at the Feyenoord game mate :pul
HR
HR

Alan Shearer is God
Toeschouwer

Reg.: 23 mei 2008

And there's still me! PSV sympathiser and NUFC fan.

I saw another donation for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation from your netwerk from Dub recently.

Thank you!
HR
HR

GeordiePSVfan
Regelmatige invaller

quote:HR
Alan Shearer is God schreef:

And there's still me! PSV sympathiser and NUFC fan.

I saw another donation for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation from your netwerk from Dub recently.

Thank you!
HR
Sorry Liz, how could I forget about you :B

The Great North Run must have raised a fair amount for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. Particularly liked the story about the TV presenter Jim Rosenthal who commentated on the boxing until late on Saturday night then drove straight up to Newcastle to do the run on the Sunday morning, especially since he was doing it for Sir Bobby's charity.
HR
HR

BigLankyGeordie
Toeschouwer

Hia there GeordiePSVfan.

Where do you drink before the Toon games?

I go in the Strawberry. There are quite often people over from Europe in there and was talking to some Heerenveen fans in there in my crappy Dutch at the end of last season.

BLG
HR
HR

GeordiePSVfan
Regelmatige invaller

Usually drink in the Three Bulls before matches. Used to go to the likes of Idols, The Vault & Sam Jacks a few years back for the strippers :ja but i've grown out of all that now! Sometimes get a group of NAC Breda fans coming across to watch NUFC, always noticeable dressed in bright yellow! I've spoken to them a few times and they're good lads. Don't know if you've ever noticed their Dutch flag with NUFC written on it, usually up in Level 7 of the Milburn Stand. They were also at the Heerenveen v Newcastle and AZ v Newcastle games in the past few years with their huge yellow NAC flag in the Newcastle end. Don't know how they managed to get tickets in the Newcastle end, they must have paid a fortune!
HR
HR

BigLankyGeordie
Toeschouwer

No havent seen that flag, but then again, up until end of last season was in Level 7 myself.

Am now in South-East corner, so will look out for it.

I often wear my blue PSV fleece jacket over my Toon shirt at games, so if you see a big lanky geordie in a PSV top, that will be me. Say howya! :-)

BLG
HR
HR
Deze posting is niet nieuw sinds je vorige bezoek Gepost op 16 oktober 2008 om 07:30:31.  Profiel  Stuur een privébericht  Lid van PSV Fans United   Lid van Supportersvereniging PSV   Wijzig deze posting  Quote deze posting in je reactie
HR
Maybe in the future you can travel with James to Eindhoven. ;) Watch PSV and take some pints at Stratumseind.

:psv :pul
HRHR
HR

Alan Shearer is God
Toeschouwer

Reg.: 23 mei 2008

GeordiePSVfan schreef:

(...)

Sorry Liz, how could I forget about you :B

The Great North Run must have raised a fair amount for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. Particularly liked the story about the TV presenter Jim Rosenthal who commentated on the boxing until late on Saturday night then drove straight up to Newcastle to do the run on the Sunday morning, especially since he was doing it for Sir Bobby's charity.
HR
Hi Geordie - Jim Rosenthal must have been shattered! :slaap

He raised over £5,500 and Sir Bobby's family (pictured with the great man in this press coverage) raised over £8,000. I don't know how much all the other runners raised.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/3730095.Sir_Bobby___s_family_join_the_throng/

The Foundation has now raised £797,000 - with a little help from the PSV donations!
HR
HR

puuz
Bankzitter

Uit: Weert
Vak: Oost - XX
Reg.: 17 december 2004

Deze posting is niet nieuw sinds je vorige bezoek Gepost op 23 oktober 2008 om 12:10:29.  Profiel  Stuur een privébericht  Bezoek de homepage  Lid van Supportersvereniging PSV   Wijzig deze posting  Quote deze posting in je reactie
HR
Funny to see how English fellows are chatting on a PSV forum.
I'm just Dutch, hope that's alright as well ;)

I usually visit England like 3/4 times a year, visiting some matches. I've been to around 15 matches so far, including Newcastle Utd - Liverpool last year (wasn't good for you). I have seen the stadium of Leicester as well, although I haven't seen a match there yet.

Next time I go to Newcastle, I'll look for a geordie in a PSV jacket :)

Puuz.
HR
HR

arsenaldutchie4lyf
Toeschouwer

Reg.: 17 maart 2008

Whats with Geordies and being PSV'ers??? lol

im Arsenal... but i really do love to see Newcastle do well..... i'v got alot of love for them!!!

is there any kind of PSV supporters club in England??
HR
HR

GeordiePSVfan
Regelmatige invaller

arsenaldutchie4lyf schreef:

Whats with Geordies and being PSV'ers??? lol

im Arsenal... but i really do love to see Newcastle do well..... i'v got alot of love for them!!!

HR
Not sure to be honest with you mate why there's a few people up here seem to like PSV but thats fine by me! Maybe it's because the 2 clubs have played each other a lot of times since the mid 1990's. I remember a pre season friendly in Ireland at the start of the 1997-98 season, then the 2 Champions League games that same year. Then there was the UEFA Cup matches in 2004. In 2006 another pre season friendly and again in 2008. That's quite a lot of matches between the 2 teams and could be a reason although it is a bit unusual for people from Newcastle to like a team who play in red and white stripes ;)

Apart from me there are at least 2 other people from Newcastle in the Philips Stadion for the match v Willem II on Saturday. I don't know them but they are friends with someone who I work with and are both season ticket holders for Newcastle and are travelling to watch PSV since Newcastle don't play on Saturday.

There aren't any PSV supporters clubs in England but in the future - who knows?

Finally an interesting story about a Dutchman who follows Newcastle.................. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/articles/2005/03/07/peerke_nufc_fan_feature.shtml
HR
HR

Sjoerd87 PSV
Legende

Uit: Nijmegen
Droomaankoop: Ibrahim Afellay
Reg.: 5 juni 2007

Deze posting is niet nieuw sinds je vorige bezoek Gepost op 31 oktober 2008 om 16:36:21.  Profiel  Stuur een privébericht  Bezoek de homepage  Lid van Supportersvereniging PSV   Wijzig deze posting  Quote deze posting in je reactie
HR

arsenaldutchie4lyf schreef:

HR
Yeah, I'd like to know that as well.. I'm going to Manchester for a year, at least that's the plan, and a thing like that would make me feel right at home :B
HR
HR

LeicesterPhoolies
Toeschouwer

Uit: Leicester, England
Vak: Oost - Y
Reg.: 24 februari 2008

Deze posting is niet nieuw sinds je vorige bezoek Gepost op 11 november 2008 om 08:34:36.  Profiel  Stuur een email  Stuur een privébericht  MSN: leicester_foxie@hotmail.com  Lid van Supportersvereniging PSV   Wijzig deze posting  Quote deze posting in je reactie
HR
James,

Thanks for your text with the Leicester City result, tonight against Yeovil, if we win we'll be top.

You said not to text me on Satdeh, so i couldn't warn you, however, i didn't think it was as bad, mind you that it was my first match live this season.

Others,

Sjoerd, you gonna study in Mancs? Why Manchester? Again it's one of the corners of England, with only me being dead in the middle. If you want to come for a Leicester City match, let me know, it's not Premier League, but definately just as nice an atmosphere.

Will be over 21st and 27th at Oost (directly below the Bouwlounge).

Was at NEC last Saturday, my bro arranged (business-)tickets for me, was nice to see it once from that side. Result was bad, but i've seen some hope in the team. Sunday is very important, AZ for the Cup? They should just let that one go.
HR
HR

killermfc
Legende

Reg.: 13 februari 2009

Hello Geordie PSV supporters, I also have some kind of PSV-Toon connection. Apart from the various games between them in last decade (plus 1997) which I visited as a PSV supporter (see also my comments elsewhere on these pages), I've been to the Uefa Cup games in Heerenveen and Alkmaar in recent years (naturally hoping the Magpies to go through).

In Heerenveen me and a mate were in a home section, in Alkmaar we somehow managed to get into the away end. I was angry after the Alkmaar game and told them AZ bastards overthere that no matter what PSV would retain their League crown and they gloriously (...) did in the end (remember April 29 2007!) and the year after. This season however I'm not so sure... :C

The day after the 2006 friendly, which PSV won 2-3, my mates and I had a ground tour and took some pictures and got a certificate to prove it. In my home town in The Netherlands lives a fervent Geordie who has NUFC tattooed on his, no make that through his, heart! I saw many a game with him and others in our local Irish Pub.

During our times overthere we visited bars like the Alan Shearer lounge (inside St. James Park), a few local joints near the ground, some pubs in The Gate, O'Neill's, Adelphia (which I believe is owned by an (in)famous NUFC supporter!), The Lodge and some pubs & clubs across the river Tyne (Baja, Joe?). We usually travel by boat and stay in the Jury's Inn. :cool

Hope to talk to you soon and apologies for (possible) mistakes in my English).
HR
HR

GeordiePSVfan
Regelmatige invaller

killermfc schreef:

Hello Geordie PSV supporters, I also have some kind of PSV-Toon connection. Apart from the various games between them in last decade (plus 1997) which I visited as a PSV supporter (see also my comments elsewhere on these pages), I've been to the Uefa Cup games in Heerenveen and Alkmaar in recent years (naturally hoping the Magpies to go through).

In Heerenveen me and a mate were in a home section, in Alkmaar we somehow managed to get into the away end. I was angry after the Alkmaar game and told them AZ bastards overthere that no matter what PSV would retain their League crown and they gloriously (...) did in the end (remember April 29 2007!) and the year after. This season however I'm not so sure... :C

The day after the 2006 friendly, which PSV won 2-3, my mates and I had a ground tour and took some pictures and got a certificate to prove it. In my home town in The Netherlands lives a fervent Geordie who has NUFC tattooed on his, no make that through his, heart! I saw many a game with him and others in our local Irish Pub.

During our times overthere we visited bars like the Alan Shearer lounge (inside St. James Park), a few local joints near the ground, some pubs in The Gate, O'Neill's, Adelphia (which I believe is owned by an (in)famous NUFC supporter!), The Lodge and some pubs & clubs across the river Tyne (Baja, Joe?). We usually travel by boat and stay in the Jury's Inn. :cool

Hope to talk to you soon and apologies for (possible) mistakes in my English).
HR
Great to hear from you mate. No need to apologise for your English as it is perfect. I was also at the Heerenveen v Newcastle match but in the away end although I remember a lot of people in the home stands also jumped up when Newcastle scored their 2 goals!

3 of my friends from Eindhoven visited Newcastle 2 weeks ago for the match against sunderland. They also stayed in Jury's Inn for 2 nights and then at my house for another 2 nights. I took them to some of the pubs that you have mentioned, Shearer's Bar, the Adelphi, Bar Beyond in the Gate plus quite a few more! They also went to Sea nightclub which is on the other side of the river to Baja although I think Baja is closed now but Buffalo Joes next to it is still open.

Next time you visit Newcastle be sure to let me know before you come over.

[Dit bericht is veranderd door GeordiePSVfan (op 16 februari 2009 14:50:45).]
HR
HR

killermfc
Legende

Hello Geordie, I might do that, due to the recent credit crunch I may not be able to afford the likes of the Jury's Inn any longer! :D

Last time we visited Newcatle-upon-time, it was a very short stay. We flew from Amsterdam to Leeds-Bradford on Wednesday, took the train from Leeds to Newcastle end the next day travelled back on the 9 o'clock to Leeds where we stayed for a few hours, travelled on to Liverpool, stayed there in the Adelphi Britannia until Sunday and flew back from John Lennon Airport to Amsterdam on Sunday night.

Because of the short stay we took a very cheap hotel in the City Centre, which had no luxury whatsoever. It had clean rooms with ditto beds & showers which was basically all we needed for the give-and-take 3 to 4 hours we used them!

We had some grub at O'Neill's opposite the Railwaystation and went to the ground where we stayed in the Alan Shearer Bar from about 6 pm until past midnight, with the nuisance of a friendly football game in between! (the best thing of the whole match was the tribute to Sir Bobby who played a big part in both the history of PSV and NUFC, may he conquer his illness and live & enjoy his football for many years to come!)

As the beers didn't go well, we started drinking Manhattan Ice Teas and little shots of Sambuca, that was at the Shearer Bar. After that we moved on to The Gate, we were chatting up some birds which we wanted to take to BJ's (Buffalo Joe) but then the lights went out.

After that we had a few nice days of boozing in scouse city, visiting the games between Liverpool & Lazio and Everton v PSV in the progress.

Hope to hear much more from you and the other lads (& lasses off course!) on this forum.

Bye for now, Richard. :cool
HR
HR

killermfc
Legende

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, well supposedly it is.

I just read on the Dutch version of Ceefax that Alan Shearer has immediately taken over as (caretaker?) manager from Joe Kinnear until the end of the season.

If his managerial skills are half as good as his goal scoring exploits, then everything is gonna be fine, they will avoid relegation easily, though I personally think relegation worries aren't an issue.

However I have my sincere doubts about Shearer the manager. Because time after time it has been shown that a good footballer or a prolific goal scorer doesn't automatically make a good manager! What are your views on this?

Good luck and see you, Killer. :cool
HR
HR

GeordiePSVfan
Regelmatige invaller

killermfc schreef:

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, well supposedly it is.

I just read on the Dutch version of Ceefax that Alan Shearer has immediately taken over as (caretaker?) manager from Joe Kinnear until the end of the season.

If his managerial skills are half as good as his goal scoring exploits, then everything is gonna be fine, they will avoid relegation easily, though I personally think relegation worries aren't an issue.

However I have my sincere doubts about Shearer the manager. Because time after time it has been shown that a good footballer or a prolific goal scorer doesn't automatically make a good manager! What are your views on this?

Good luck and see you, Killer. :cool
HR
The legend that is Alan Shearer takes over today. He is training the team right now and will be at St James' Park at 14.30 for the Press Conference to announce him as the new manager. Me and some of my friends are going into Newcastle in 2 hours time and will be drinking in Shearers Bar all day. Thousands of other supporters are expected to go to the stadium. He might not be able to save the team from relegation but the fact that he's at least going to give it a try means that nobody will blame him if Newcastle still go down to the Championship. Hopefully he will stay as manager next season whether Newcastle are in the Premier League or the Championship.

Nice easy start for him: Guus Hiddink and Chelsea visit St James' on Saturday :schrik
HR
HR

Petrovic
Legende

Vak: Oost - YY
Reg.: 28 november 2001

A question to the English Newcastle fans: How are the reactions in the English press (and in England in general) regarding the relegation of Newcastle?

When PSV met Newcastle in 1997 for the Champions League, I became fan of Newcastle also. It really hurts me to see them going down. :C
Here in Holland a lot of people do say that it is strange to see this happening to such a big club as Newcastle. On the other hand, 'you get what you deserve' (referring to bad management) is a comment you hear a lot as well.
HRHR

Deze topic is open en bestaat uit 16 pagina's: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »

Ga naar de vorige topic Ga naar de volgende topic

PSV Forums » A - PSV Forums » English Forum » Hello from BigLankyGeordie

HR

Bookmark and Share

HR
clubgevoel
HR
HR

Man van de Wedstrijd

Kies de Man van de Wedstrijd

HR

Battle tegen deze posters

HR

Pool-klassement pagina

HR

VoVo-klassement pagina

HR

Favoriete opstellingen

HR

PSV Chatbox

Ga nu naar de chatbox om met andere fans van gedachten te wisselen over de club!

HR

PSV Poll

Ben je tevreden over de eerste seizoenshelft?

Ja
Nee
Geen mening

HR

VoVo

Van de PSV-fans denkt 12,5% dat Vitesse wint van PSV. Wat denk jij?

HR

Ideeënbus

We zijn op zoek naar jouw ideeën om PSV Netwerk nog beter te maken.