PSV Netwerk
zaterdag 1 november 2014 - 11:56                      favorieten | nieuwsbrief | RSS RSS
Ga naar de vorige topic Ga naar de volgende topic

PSV Forums » English Forum » Irish PSV fan

HR

Deze topic is open en bestaat uit 5 pagina's: 1 2 3 4 5 »

HR

thesaint
Talentje

Uit: Ireland
Vak: -
Droomaankoop: -
Reg.: 2 januari 2013

Hallo from an Irish PSV fan 25 jaar for me 100 for PSV.
HR
HR

Daniel_VB22
Nationale topspeler

Uit: Eindhoven
Vak: Noord - S
Droomaankoop: Vaclav Kadlec
Reg.: 13 augustus 2012

quote:HR
thesaint schreef:

Hallo from an Irish PSV fan 25 jaar for me 100 for PSV.
HR
Hello. I'm curious, what's the reason you're a PSV fan? ;) :pul
HR
HR

jordycoelen
Veelbelovend talent

Uit: Neeritter
Vak: Geen Seizoen Club Card
Reg.: 14 februari 2009

Deze posting is niet nieuw sinds je vorige bezoek Gepost op 1 februari 2013 om 23:50:12.  Profiel  Stuur een email  Stuur een privébericht  Bezoek de homepage  MSN: jordy.coelen@live.nl  Wijzig deze posting  Quote deze posting in je reactie
HR

Daniel_VB22 schreef:

(...)

Hello. I'm curious, what's the reason you're a PSV fan? ;) :pul
HR
I am curious too!

tell us haha :psv :psv
HR
HR

thesaint
Talentje

For me it started in 1988 the champions cup for PSV and the UEFA Cup for the Netherlands. Dutch football seemed so fresh to me, with fans much like the Irish. Ireland played and lost to the Netherlands in Euro 88. My uncle at the time also doing work for Philips in Eindhoven and another Uncle who was at Euro 88 saying how for the two weeks the Dutch and the Irish were like best friends.

At the time most Irish followed the likes of Celtic, Liverpool or Manchester United, I didn't feel that brand of football was particularly special and if you notice english football still relies too heavily on big money, money can buy success but not soul. I chose to support PSV Eindhoven a provincial team with a proud heritage,that battled hard for all its success.

I may not be dutch but PSV are the club I love.
HR
HR

Thoresen
Vedette

Reg.: 24 maart 2004

Hail hail the saints are here ;)
HR
HR

thesaint
Talentje

The right club, in the right place at the right time to make an impression, is where it all started.
HR
HR

thesaint
Talentje

Once I took an interest in dutch football people would say how great "Ajax" were but no mention of PSV the Champions of Europe, that didnt sit well with me, my heros from the champions cup and Euros were Van Breukelen, Ronald Koeman and (i know he was with AC Milan in 88) Ruud Gullit, all PSV players at one time.

I was 8 years old so no :pul !!
HR
HR

MvBommel6
Regelmatige invaller

Vak: Geen Seizoen Club Card
Droomaankoop: Lionel Messi
Reg.: 16 augustus 2011

Where do you live? I'm for 3 months in Dublin at the moment :psv
HR
HR

Skele Wie Wau
Legende

Uit: Helmond
Reg.: 14 februari 2006

I was at that game between Holland and Ireland in 88 in Gelsenkirchen :B
We all mixed with the Irish fans and that was one big party! :pul

Irish and Dutch get along very well.
Great guys those Irish.
After that I went to Dublin and Kilkenny...good memories haha :pul

Welcome to the PSV forum
HR
HR

killermfc
Legende

Reg.: 13 februari 2009

I frequently visit Irish pubs in The Netherlands in general and in my home town in particular. On those occasions I prefer to drink Kilkenny, sometimes with a Jameson chaser, as I don't like Guiness. Every year on 17th March I celebrate Saint Patrick's Day. Slainte! :pul
HR
HR

Mosquito
Geselecteerd voor Oranje

Uit: Oudleusen
Reg.: 5 maart 2002

Guinness takes some getting used to but I prefer it over Kilkenny :ja

I will be in Ireland for a week in June, visiting the south west. Where in Ireland do you live thesaint?

Anyway welcome to the forum!
HR
HR

thesaint
Talentje

I live in Newry, Co.Down this is in the northern part of Ireland. Im planning on visiting Eindhoven later in the year as there is a new baby due soon.

I saw this online "enidje de gekste", does this refer to PSV??

http://www.footballculture.com/2012/11/01/new-tee-eindje-de-gekste/
HR
HR

Giancarlo Antognoni
Legende

Reg.: 13 december 2002

Hi and welcome to our PSV network.

No,it's:"Eindhoven the gekste"what means something like Eindhoven the craziest city in Holland.It refers to the Stratumseind,a long street with many pubs and restaurants in the heart of the city,and the Stadhuisplein,a square where PSV fans always celebrate with the team the championshiptitles.
I am a taxidriver here in Eindhoven and lots of people are going out coming from cities and towns from entire Holland and when they say or shout:"Eindhoven the gekste than i say:"No,its PSV Eindhoven the gekste" :B

It also refers to all the success PSV had in Europe as well as in Holland.
Eindhoven is also:'Voetbalhoofdstad van Nederland" what means Eindhoven is the main city of football in Holland",because PSV is the best and f...the rest. :)

:psv = 2 gr 8 2 be 4 got 10 !!!

[Dit bericht is veranderd door Giancarlo Antognoni (op 4 februari 2013 21:02:17).]
HRHR
HR

WOENSEL
Legende

Vak: Oost - X
Droomaankoop: Alex Rodrigo Dias da Costa
Reg.: 29 februari 2008

No it started 20 years ago! "Eindhoven de gekste" was a yell from a guy named Ronny (who is unfortunally not among us anymore). His little brother is still on the stands.

Everybody at the east stand was taking his yell over...and than it grews..

At this time it is a national yell...and i'm very proud of it....and it always remeber me at Ronny..

[Dit bericht is veranderd door WOENSEL (op 5 februari 2013 15:40:14).]
HR
HR

thesaint
Talentje

Thats amazing, thats the kind of story that facinates me about this club. Before I saw that tshirt online and asked you guys I didnt know of it before. Im guessing the ticket packages for forigners probably keep you away from the hardcore? I am going this year first time in 11 years. I did see PSV loose v Liverpool in the champions leage too, but I couldnt wear my Root witten as I was in the home end. I was not happy with those games.

Any one have any idea who the anniversary game will be against?

Ironicaly my favourite beer is Henniken, from when i did the tour in Amsterdam, I like Guiness too. You should try Irish whiskey, Jameson is very nice.

I think alot of people think it strange an Irishman, with no dutch connection would love PSV, but it seems natural to me.
HR
HR

thesaint
Talentje

I am going over to Eindhoven this year. But am wondering should I leave it till after August? So the jubilee celibrations will be in full flow? Also the museum when does that open?
HR
HR

Afonso Henriques
Bankzitter

Reg.: 3 juni 2009

Hej Thesaint,
Nice to see a fan from Ireland. I see you live near the border in Northern Ireland. Never visited that area. Was only once in Northern Ireland. One week in Bangor. Then visiting the north, Carrick a Rede, Giant Causeways and of course Bushmills. After that we went to Dunfanaghy.
In total already 7 times in Ireland aldo the last time was already some time ago.

Sláinte mhaith to you
HR
HR

Zanka
Vedette

Uit: Oirschot
Vak: West - LL
Droomaankoop: Eric Bottheghin
Reg.: 12 februari 2011

thesaint schreef:
Any one have any idea who the anniversary game will be against?

HR
99% sure its against FC Barcelona. It only has to get official. :)
HR
HR

connexie
Talentje

Vak: Oost - W
Reg.: 7 februari 2009

thesaint schreef:

I am going over to Eindhoven this year. But am wondering should I leave it till after August? So the jubilee celibrations will be in full flow? Also the museum when does that open?
HR
We are planning to become champion before April :)
I think thats when the REAL party is gonna start

[Dit bericht is veranderd door connexie (op 8 februari 2013 19:27:07).]
HR
HR

Mosquito
Geselecteerd voor Oranje

Uit: Oudleusen
Reg.: 5 maart 2002

Afonso Henriques schreef:

Carrick a Rede, Giant Causeways and of course Bushmills.

HR
I visited these as well a few years ago after staying in Belfast for a couple of days. Had a great time and can't wait to see some more of your beautiful island :ja

Oh and appearantly people in Belfast recognise PSV as I was asked to zip up my jacket over my PSV shirt in the Crown pub.. "No football shirts mate" :D
HR
HR

zollie
Jeugdspeler

Uit: Dundalk, Ireland
Reg.: 4 maart 2006

Grand to read there are more PSV fans here in Ireland :)

Too bad I can only watch PSV in the pub when they play a premier league team. I loved it when we kicked Arsenal out of the CL a couple of years ago, watching it here in The Bell with a bunch of Arsenal fans.

Unfortunately I haven't been back to the Philips Stadion in the last 5 years now...busy times.

:psv
HR
HR
Deze posting is niet nieuw sinds je vorige bezoek Gepost op 12 februari 2013 om 21:22:54.  Profiel  Stuur een privébericht  Lid van PSV Fans United   Lid van Supportersvereniging PSV   Wijzig deze posting  Quote deze posting in je reactie
HR

thesaint schreef:

I live in Newry, Co.Down this is in the northern part of Ireland. Im planning on visiting Eindhoven later in the year as there is a new baby due soon.

I saw this online "enidje de gekste", does this refer to PSV??

http://www.footballculture.com/2012/11/01/new-tee-eindje-de-gekste/
HR
Haha cool man..I am Dutch and live in Ireland since 5 years!
Still 100% PSV Eindhoven fan since 1980 offcourse...
I live actually not too far away from you in Co.Louth!
Use to live in Dublin but relocated for a job and my current wife to Co.Louth... :pul :B

[Dit bericht is veranderd door PSV-4-EVER (op 12 februari 2013 21:26:34).]
HR
HR
Deze posting is niet nieuw sinds je vorige bezoek Gepost op 12 februari 2013 om 21:33:56.  Profiel  Stuur een privébericht  Lid van PSV Fans United   Lid van Supportersvereniging PSV   Wijzig deze posting  Quote deze posting in je reactie
HR

zollie schreef:

Grand to read there are more PSV fans here in Ireland :)

Too bad I can only watch PSV in the pub when they play a premier league team. I loved it when we kicked Arsenal out of the CL a couple of years ago, watching it here in The Bell with a bunch of Arsenal fans.

Unfortunately I haven't been back to the Philips Stadion in the last 5 years now...busy times.

:psv
HR
I don't miss a single game...Try live streams,I watch everything with sopcast... ;)
HR
HR

Niels.
Legende

Uit: Roosendaal
Reg.: 13 januari 1999

I'm a big fan of the Irish people. You guys rock!
HR
HR

giggles
Nationale topspeler
Penningmeester Stichting 1913 Eindhoven

Uit: eindhoven
Vak: Oost - V
Reg.: 24 augustus 2003

Deze posting is niet nieuw sinds je vorige bezoek Gepost op 13 februari 2013 om 21:10:13.  Profiel  Stuur een email  Stuur een privébericht  Bezoek de homepage  MSN: gigglesnr1@hotmail.com  Wijzig deze posting  Quote deze posting in je reactie
HR
@ thesaint thanks for your donation to Stichting 1913 Eindhoven. We are proud that Ireland supports us.

The Museum will be open from 23 of may.
HRHR

Deze topic is open en bestaat uit 5 pagina's: 1 2 3 4 5 »

Ga naar de vorige topic Ga naar de volgende topic

PSV Forums » A - PSV Forums » English Forum » Irish PSV fan

HR

Bookmark and Share

HR
clubgevoel
HR
HR

Man van de Wedstrijd

Kies de Man van de Wedstrijd

HR

Battle tegen deze posters

HR

Pool-klassement pagina

HR

VoVo-klassement pagina

HR

Favoriete opstellingen

HR

PSV Chatbox

Ga nu naar de chatbox om met andere fans van gedachten te wisselen over de club!

HR

PSV Poll

Is het terecht dat Cocu Depay een reprimande gaf voor het uittrekken van zijn shirt na zijn goal tegen Panathinaikos?

Ja
Nee
Geen mening

HR

VoVo

Van de PSV-fans denkt 44,2% dat Willem II wint van SC Cambuur Leeuwarden. Wat denk jij?

HR

Ideeënbus

We zijn op zoek naar jouw ideeën om PSV Netwerk nog beter te maken.

HR

Pool

De posters op deze pagina verwachten van PSV-ADO Den Haag:

HR

Oranje Netwerk

Ga nu kijken wat er op Oranje Netwerk te doen is!